You can use external messages to provide information or updates to the requester. You can use these messages to do things like give the requester a time or cost estimate, or to clarify the scope of the request. When you have supplied all responsive documents that you are able to, you should send a message to the requester explaining what has been done.
Follow these steps to message the requester:
- Click the Envelope icon () in the icon bar at the top of the request
- (Optional) Click the ‘Insert Template’ button and select a template from the list
- Type your message in the box
- Check the box ‘Yes, send to requester’
- Click the ‘SAVE’ button
- Look for the message in the Request Timeline